From citywide, pop-up engineered art galleries and flame-spitting, larger-than-life public art encounters to the entertaining science of … everything, there’s something for everyone!
With over 60 events and programs to choose from, Beakerhead has something for everyone – whether you define yourself as “creative” or “technical” in nature. In 2016 over 130,000 people took part, including a few actual astronauts!
In 2017, Beakerhead celebrates the ups and downs of experimentation and invention!
Events, experiments and programs that make up the five day spectacle include:
- Snakes and Ladders: An interactive experience that encourages exploration of the city (and human ingenuity) through delightfully engineered public art installations.
- Workshops and talks: explore the science of scent, play with your food, immerse yourself in the laboratory of life!
- Four to Six: A street party on Stephen Avenue where science gets social.
- Ticketed events: Command to be entertained by world famous (and soon-to-be-famous) inventors, scientists, performers (and maybe even an animal or two!)
- Ingenuity challenges: In that past, Beakerhead has pit catapult teams against each other – this year expect a new high-reaching competition!
- Community programs: Beakerhead becomes a stage for over 100 collaborating organizations, both large and small, to show off their discoveries and creativity through events and programs of their own. Learn how you can take part, too!
- School tours, talks, and challenges: Beakerhead engages 25,000 students each year.
The 2017 program will start being released into the world in incremental announcements starting this summer. Stay tuned!